Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week in Review

I don't know how I manage to fit all of these things in my schedule.

Wednesday? Katie invited me over for stuffed peppers that evening. They were huge! And scrumptious. I've just begun training for a half marathon, so I devoured half a baguette in addition to the meal she prepared. I also baked some cookies (best recipe ever) and made ice cream sandwiches with them. I'm such a fat ass!

Katie's stuffed pepper, salad with strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette
mmm... ice cream sandwich

Thursday evening? Michael made these ridiculously delicious Thai ribs from a Bon Appetit recipe. It had all sorts of awesome flavors, ranging from creamy coconut milk to bright notes of lemongrass. Yum. I made the po-white fried rice.

Michael's Thai ribs, my basic fried rice

Saturday evening? David and I have had a hankering to check out the poutine on the late night menu at Leon's Full Service in Decatur. It was alright, but it's a pretty cheap late night pleasure. Their interpretation used a melting cheese in lieu of curds and there was also the addition of a fried egg on top. I was honestly expecting something a tad richer. Otherwise, the chicken liver plate was absolutely divine and the fried camembert was equally pleasing. Drinks aside, those shared plates probably cost no more than $24 split four ways. Yay, recession!

poutine at Leon's Full Service

No comments:

Post a Comment