Friday, January 14, 2011

Poached Chicken with Ginger/Scallion Oil and Sauteed Leeks

Please tell me this isn't a frightening sight?  I went to the Midtown/GT Publix after work and the place still hasn't recovered completely from the blizzard that hit us on Sunday night.  It's now Friday!  Produce seems to have been slightly replenished, cereal is bleak and while beef and pork seem to be in stock, chicken is practically GONE.  Luckily, I know a thing or two about how to prepare a whole bird.

no chicken at the Midtown/GT Publix
Looking for the easiest tasty way to get the bird in my belly, I opted for poaching.  It takes some time, but it's extremely carefree.  The results are ridiculously juicy, perhaps the best way to keep a chicken breast moist.  I topped it with some ginger/scallion oil (magic sauce) and paired it with some leeks sauteed in garlic with mini dried shrimp.

poached chicken with ginger/scallion oil, sauteed leeks

No comments:

Post a Comment