Tuesday, April 26, 2011

OMG Kale

It's kale time. Kale is one of those super veggies- high in nutritional value, antioxidants, etc etc etc... But it tastes awful if you don't know what you're doing. I feel like the boiled route, similar to collards and mustards, can make it kind of boring, and that's why we have collards, anyway, right? I really prefer to shred kale superfine to break down the texture and then sautee it with garlic. This is my answer to a lot of vegetables, but it hasn't ever done me wrong and interestingly, it's how I've convinced many veggie haters to eat veggies.

garlic sauteed kale, scallion scramble with sriracha, 10min quick pickles

Here, I've used the garlic preparation with the kale and served it alongside a scallion scramble and 10 minute quick pickles. Downed with a bottle of Regatta Ginger Beer and it's a good Tuesday brunch before class.

No comments:

Post a Comment