Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pork Chops avec Fish Sauce (ew)

Fish sauce is some scary shit. My family never cooked with it at home, but the vast number of Vietnamese restaurants in Atlanta has really opened my eyes up to the foul, but tasty stuff.

caramelized pork chop platter!

I had been looking for an excuse to use the bottle in my pantry when I came across this recipe for Caramelized Pork Bánh Mì at Food52. Didn't have any baguettes, mayo or pate on hand, so I decided to just use the marinade for some pork chops. Epic idea! I ended up broiling the pork instead of pan frying with the hopes of minimizing the smoke. Worked, but the fish sauce still stank.

fresh kirby cucumbers from today's Midtown Market

Topped off the platter with some quick pickled carrots and kirby cucumbers and I was good to go! I make a lot of meals similar to this, but the marinade for the pork made this one really unique and delicious. Definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment